Soon it will be time again: a long weekend of extra shopping fun during 'Braderie Publique,' the annual downtown fair organized by PuurGent. Below are the traffic measures in effect during the weekend of June 1-2-3-4.
Nature and impact of Braderie Publique
- All licence holders can enter the traffic-free zones during the days of Braderie Publique (1-2-3-4 June) only before 9am and after 7pm.
- Kraanlei will not be closed but there will be stalls.
- Short Lake will be closed and only accessible to "permit holders car-free area 1". Attention: this year, Ajuinlei and Jakobijnenstraat will be traffic-free zones.
- In the event of heavy traffic, Brabantdam may be closed. At that time, traffic on the Koophandelsplein will only be allowed under police escort even if you do not have a permit.
- The car-free area rules also apply during the Braderie, your permit does not allow you to drive over the traffic filters (clipping) or in a car-free area for which you do not have a permit.
- It is best to plan works to be carried out, moves and other entrances before 09:00 and after 19:00 or on days before and after the Braderie.
- Always take into account road signs, possible diversions or police communications.
An overview of all streets can be found below. Plan your route in advance using the attached map of Braderie Publique and our map of the Circulation Plan on the City of Ghent website.